Entity/Functional/Workflow Domain restrictions on Roles are not populating in the UI but can be seen via Admin Report.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Search for Admin role in the LMS.
- Click the edit button for the Role.
- View one of the Entity/Functional/Workflow Restrictions Tab's. See the Domain restictions are not displayed in the UI for one of the tab's.
- Export Admin roles via report > System Admin > Export Data > Admin Roles > Download > Domain Restrictions per Admin Roles can be seen here.
- See report has domain restriction populated that seem to be not present in the UI.
The report was pulling data from the one of the Tab's but not the one you viewed in the UI. For example, if you were viewing the Domain restrictions for the Entity Tab when the Workflow restriction Tab was already in use. The domain restriction tabs on the Role are a hierarchy, from the top-down. Each tab allows progressively detailed control. If you apply a domain restriction on the first tab, Entity restriction, it will cascade to the other tabs since it applies to everything about the entity.
If you instead applied the domain restriction on the second tab, Functional, it will NOT show on the Entity tab, and WILL cascade to the workflow restriction tab.
Finally, if you only apply a domain restriction to the workflow restriction tab, it is the most detailed control view, so it will not display on the other tabs.
So in our example case, as the Workflow restrictions were populated, this was the cause of the inconsistency with the Entity tab.
Check to see if a Domain restriction is populated in either of the Entity/Functional/Workflow restrictions tab’s. The tabs override one another. For example, if the Workflow Restriction tab is filled in, then you won't see the same Data in the Entity tab. You need to pick one tab and use it, or else you can get inconsistent results.
2355788 - Domain restrictions behavior
Domain, LMS, Role, Entity, Functional, Workflow, Admin, Report, UI, Tab, restrcitions, SuccessFactors , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , Problem