You are unable to insert contract items in Data Workbench work center. You may also notice that you are unable to add a new contract item for an existing and active contract in the Contract work center. An error occurs in both work centers.
- Error 1: Product XXX not assigned to sales organization YYY/distribution channel (where XXX is the product ID and YYY is the sales organization).
- Error 2: Saved consistent active contract cannot be saved inconsistent active.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Data Workbench work center
- Click on Import view
- Select Insert and Individual Object
- Search for Contract item
- Click on Next
- Browse and upload file
- Click on Next until Import Data
- Go to Monitor view
- Open error file. Error: Saved consistent active contract cannot be saved inconsistent active.|Product XXX not assigned to sales organization YYY/distribution channel
- Go to Contract work center
- Search for contract and open it
- Select Items
- Click on Add
- Enter product and quantity
- Click on Add
- Error 1 occurs
- Click on Save
- Error 2 occurs
A possible cause for the error message is that the Distribution Channel is missing for the contract. In addition to it, it could be that the Sales Organization and Distribution Channel for contract and product are not identical.
Please maintain the Distribution Channel for the contract so that both Sales Organization and Distribution Channel are identical for contract and product.
Contract item import, product assigned to sales organization, , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-DWB , Data Workbench , LOD-LE-COP , Contract Processing , Problem