When creating a new BW Live connection, the following error occurs:
- Failed to connect to BW System. Please check possible causes: SSL certificate untrusted; network error. See the troubleshooting page for more information.
SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into the SAP Analytics Cloud Platform.
- From the platform, go to create a new BW Live Connection.
- Enter correct host
- Enter the Client ID
- Ensure Username and Password are correct.
- Encounter Error listed above.
This is caused by the network refusing the connection, due to the certificate have the following issue "net::ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITM" as shown in the Chrome developer tools console.
Please make sure to contact your Certificate Authority (CA) to renew this certification with more up to date hashing algorithms, such as SHA-256 or better.
- 2482807 - SAP Analytics Cloud Live connections requiring a Secure HTTPS Browser configuration with CORS enabled
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, Certificate, Algorithm, SHA-1, SHA-256, Certificate Authority, ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITM, weak cipher, weak cypher. , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem