Error message "Cannot accept cell input as planning data" when making a change in the sales planning Excel file.
SAP Sales Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Download and install the Excel add-in.
- Go to the Sales workcenter.
- Go to the Sales Planning view.
- Select query All Plans.
- Highlight the plan ABC (ABC stands for a sales plan).
- Click Edit > Plan Data in MS Excel.
- Login with the add-in.
- Remove the key figure Currency and Target and add Quantity.
- Go to a cell and enter a value e.g 100.
- Move to the next cell.
Result: error message "Cannot accept cell input as planning data".
For the plan ABC only the Sales Unit was selected as dimension. This is why the quantity cannot be entered. Planning on Quantity works only if the dimension Product has been selected as part of the Plan. This is because we derive the Unit of the selected Product from the product master data. Without a unit, entering a quantity does not make any sense.
Please edit the plan structure, select Product as a dimension & then select some Products on which the planning needs to be done. Once this is done, the values for Quantity in the excel can be entered.
sales target planning, excel, dimension, quantity , KBA , LOD-LE-SPL , Sales Planning , Problem