The following behaviour occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- Unable to add a row between parent and child nodes within a table
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.20.4
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a table with parent/child nodes
- Attempt to add an empty row below the parent row
- The row is added to the bottom of all the child nodes rather than below the parent row
- This is the expected behaviour within SAC. The empty columns/rows behave like members including its dynamic behavior accordingly to the context. They are behaving like siblings to avoid breaking the hierarchy display. Depending how the nodes are displayed, the new sibling is placed below or above, but not between parent and its children.
- Currently, this product feature is working as designed and changing its behavior requires an Enhancement Request that needs to be followed-up with our Product Management team.
- If this functionality is desired in a future release, please go to SAP Analytics Cloud & SAP Digital Boardroom Customer Influence and submit an Enhancement Request.
- 2424376 - How to create an enhancement request for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem