Cannot select payment method "Bill of Exchange Payable Commercial Transfer" in payment due to the error message " Bank account ABC (ABC is the Bank account ID) does not support payment method Bill of Exchange Payable Commercial Transfer."
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Go to the Payment Monitor view.
- Search for Payment DEF (DEF is the Payment ID) and select it.
The status is In Preparation.
- Click on the Payment ID 3440 to open the same and then View All.
The Supplier is HIJ (HIJ is the supplier account ID).
- Change the Payment Method to "Bill of Exchange Payable Commercial Transfer".
- Enter Bank Account ID as ABC.
You get the following error messages:
Payment details not determined.
Bank account ABC does not support payment method Bill of Exchange Payable Commercial Transfer.
The payment method Bill of Exchange Payable Commercial Transfer is reserved for manual payments of invoices only.
No error messages are displayed if you use it against an invoice.
To pay this Payment document, you need to have an invoice KLM (KLM is the Invoice ID) for this supplier.
- Go to the Payables work center.
- Go to the Supplier Accounts view.
- Search and select both Payment DEF and Invoice KLM.
- Click Clear Manually.
Bill of Exchange Payable Commercial Transfer; payment method; Zahlungsmethode , KBA , bill of exchange , payable commercial transfer , zahlungsmethode , payment method , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To