You downloaded a Business Analytics report in Excel format ('.csv' or '.xls'). When opening the report in Excel, some fields are displaying '#NAME' instead of the actual value.
SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports work center view.
- Find and open report ABC ('ABC' represents the report name).
- Click report Options > Download > 'Report as CSV (*.csv)' OR 'Microsoft Excel (*.xlsx)').
- Open the downloaded file in Excel.
- Some fields are displaying '#NAME' rather than the actual values.
The behavior described above is standard in MS Excel and occurs when reading any cell values that start with the special character "=" (equal), since MS Excel automatically interprets it as a formula.
If having cell in the report starting with character "=" is unavoidable, you can use the "Find and Replace" resource from Excel to remove all the "=" characters, thus addressing the behavior. This is how you can do it:
In the Excel report with the undesired behavior, go to the Home tab in Excel.
- Click "Find & Select" option.
- Click "Replace".
- Under "Replace" tab, type = in 'Find what:' text box.
- Do not type anything in the 'Replace with:' text box.
- Click Find All.
- Click "Replace All".
- Click OK and then close the Replace window.
- The cells that were displaying #NAME should not be displaying the expected value.
* It is also possible that Excel interprets cells beginning with plus (+) and minus (-) characters as formulas as well. To address that you can refer to the same steps above, only adjusting the character to be replaced ('+', '-', or '='). For assistance on additional alternatives to address this MS Excel behavior you may refer to Microsoft support as this is a behavior from the MS software rather than SAP system.
#NAME; Report cell incorrect; Excel issue; Excel value wrong; Excel Report; Report #NAME; , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , AP-RC-UIF , C4C UI Framework , How To