- Position data joined to the Workflow Wf Request Step table is blank in Advanced Reporting.
- Workflow table is not findable as a related table.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Report Canvas on Advanced Reporting query
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a report in Advanced Reporting
- Select the Workflow category
- Drag and drop the Workflow Wf Request Step object to the query
- Search for the Position object
- Drag and drop the Position object to the query
- Check the results
- The data from Position is blank
Reporting of the content of workflow request is out of the scope in Advanced Reporting. By default the reports are based on committed = approved data.
If you need to report on Position and Workflow data, the query needs to be created in a different way: the Driving Table of the query has to be Position. From there a join to GO_Wf_Request => Workflow Emp Wf Request => Workflow Wf Request => Workflow Wf Request Step => …. Is needed to derive the workflow data (e.g. when the workflow(step) was created/processed by whom, for how long the approval step is pending, etc.). You might filter for pending / rejected / approved positions (mdfRecordStatus = P/PH, N) depending on the specific report requirements.
Note: For MDF objects that use the MDF workflow, it's the prerequisite to have a join to GO_Wf_Request. This join is available for some MDF objects like Position, Payment Information, Benefit Enrollment, Benefit Claim. However, we cannot report on the content of workflow requests based on non-MDF objects like jobInfo, personalInfo and other tables. Reason is the structure of the table "Workflow Wf Request attributes" that stores the content of the workflow request is not "normalized", i.e. there are fields like Attr Key, Attr Value and Category. This prevents to define a join to the respective non-MDF objects
Position, data, joined, empty, canvas, ord, information, Workflow, object blank, Advanced Reporting, Cannot find workflow table , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , Product Enhancement