While changing the customer account group of a BP, error cannot switch to account group XXXX due to mismatch in Partner Functions occurs.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to App Maintain Business Partner.
- Choose BP Role as Customer.
- Navigate to Tab Customer: General Data.
- Click on Maintain Acc Grp button.
- Change the account group.
The error is raised due to mismatch in partner functions maintained for the account groups.
For example: XYZZ Account Group (Partner Determination Procedure) have the Following Partner Functions as mandatory:
Bill to party - BP
Sold to Party - SP
Payer - PY
Ship to Party - SH
Since the above four partner functions are mandatory, these partner functions would exist for Customer with account group XYZZ.
However for YYYY account group (Partner Determination Procedure), only partner function Bill to party is mapped to Partner Determination Procedure YYYY.
This is where the mismatch happens and error is thrown.
The partner functions maintained for a customer must exist in both the Partner Determination Procedure (account group) i.e. the existing account group and the account group you are changing to.
To maintain and check partner functions in Partner Determination Procedure, follow the steps below:
- Go to App Manage your Solution.
- Click on Configure your Solution.
- Go to SSCUI 101286 - Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master.
- Select the Partner Determination Procedure.
- Click on Partner Functions in Procedure.
- Add the missing partner functions to Partner Determination Procedure.
S4_PC, S/4HANA Cloud, CVIV_UI, CVIV, 181, account, group, partner, functions, mismatch , KBA , LO-MD-BP-CM , Customer Master , Problem