Adding partner function SP to the payload for API_SALES_ORDER_SRV results in error; 'Field CUSTOMER is not an input field'.
- Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Logistics Execution (LE)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud All versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Select API - API_SALES_ORDER_SRV.
- Using the POST method for generating a Sales Order, include the following within the payload:
3. Executing the API service results in error: 'Field CUSTOMER is not an input field'.
The sold-to Party within the 'Partners' function is not open for input. The sold-to party is already provided within the header data using entity set A_SalesOrder - SoldToParty.
This is the standard system behaviour. The sold-to party has already been provided - Partners such as payer and bill-to are determined based on the sold-to entered at Sales Order header level.
The 'Configuration Step' 'Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header' - 101288, also does not allow for the sold-to field to be made changeable, since this would result in incorrect system behaviour.
VBPA, PARTNER, SP, SH, 101286, 102971, 500109, functions, contact person, procedures , KBA , SD-SLS-API , API , SD-BF-PD , Partner Determination , How To