You have one Time Profile with a few Time Types and your users are already using it to request leaves.
Now you don't want some of these Time Types to be available anymore to be requested by any user using this specific profile.
To achieve this, your solution will be removing the Time Type from the Time Profile, however can this be done?
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC) - Time Type
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage Time Off Structures;
- Select Time Profile;
- Make a change to it;
- Remove one or more Time Types from the Time Profile;
You can remove it without any problems.
When you remove a Time Type from a Time Profile, the system won't trigger any error for you and will behave the following way:
- Any absence request UI (ESS or MSS) will no longer display this Time Type in the absence list to be selected;
- The manager or admin, will still be able to see any past dated leaves requested with this time type under Administer Time > Time Records;
- Removing the Time Type from the Time Profile DOES NOT affects the Employee Time, which means that your leave history is not affected;
- If you want to remove a Time Type from a Time profile, bear in kind that after doing this you won't be able to edit historical leaves for that time type anymore;
- Before removing the Time Type from the Time Profile, make sure that you do not have any pending requests using that time profile;
delete time type from time profile make time type obsoleted remove time type from list , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , How To