When uploading a CSV/Excel file via Data Workbench, a decimal point is added to any numbers present.
- File contains number 88
- After upload. Number is presented as 88.0
As a result, Data Workbench does not recognize the role code and upload fails.
- SAP Cloud For Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Data Workbench workcenter.
- Select the Import tab.
- Select Complete Business Object.
- Select the Insert operation.
- Select Standard Object.
- Search and select an object. For example: Employee.
- Download template.
- Enter values in either CSV or Excel.
- In the Data Workbench tool, select Next.
- Browse for file and select Upload.
- After file upload, numbers are represented with a decimal point.
If contents in the CSV/Excel have been copied from an external system, then a decimal point will be added to any numbers in the file.
Values must be entered manually.
data workbench, decimal point, number , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-DWB , Data Workbench , Problem