You have the Notes history in the Notes facet in oportunities. You miss the option to edit and delete the notes in the notes history.
SAP Cloud For Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Open any opportunity.
- Go to the Notes facet.
- The Edit and Delete options are not available in the Notes history in the Notes facet.
Edit and Delete options are not available in the Notes history in the Notes facet because the relevant scoping question is not enabled in your Business Configuration.
The same applies also for the Leads business object.
Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Project view.
- Select Edit Project Scope.
- Select the required Project.
- Go to the Questions tab, step 4.
- Under the scoping element Sales, select New Business.
- Select Opportunities.
- Here, under the business option Opportunity Notes select the following questions:
- Do you want to enable users to see earlier versions of opportunity notes?
- Do you want to enable users to edit or delete notes in the note history?
- Save the changes.
System Behavior once it is selected:
You can only edit and delete your own notes - that is, notes created by you. Notes created by other users are read-only.
You can only edit notes in the Note history section of the Notes tab. Notes are not editable in the Note history section on the Overview tab.
It is not possible to edit/ delete an existing note under the section Note History in the Opportunity Approval facet, because the notes history functionality is designed to capture the notes that were taken at a certain point in time and for this reason editing them is not permitted.
There is no version history of the notes maintained, so the earlier versions of changed and deleted notes cannot be retrieved after save.
The Edit and Delete options are not available in the Notes history in the Opportunity Overview facet.
History Notes are not available offline. If they are scoped, Notes in the Overview are not displayed while working in Offline Mode.
Notes is available as a characteristic under the Opportunity data source, with a character limit of 1024.
Opportunity, Notes field in Opportunities, Leads , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , LOD-CRM-LM , Lead Management , Problem