When certain Canvas / ORD reports are exported to CSV, the file only has the column headers
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Online Report Designer / Report - Canvas: Advanced reporting
Reproducing the Issue
Run the affected report(s) via Background Export or Report Distributor (offline, Email) in CSV format.
The exported file has only the column headers.
Column grouping applied to the report (through 'Edit Formatting').
CSV file formats do not support merged cells.
Without modifying the report:
- Grouped / merged cells cannot be exported in CSV file import.
- Hence the report will HAVE to be exported in XSL/XSLX file formats.
By modifying the report:
- If the export HAS to be in CSV file format, it can be done so by removing the grouping applied.
- Edit the report.
- Select the component under concern and click 'Edit Formatting'
- Press left top corner to select all.
- Right click the previously column and choose 'ungroup selected columns'
CSV, column, headers, title, data, missing, only, ORD, Canvas, Report, Center, Advanced, Detailed, Reporting, xls, group, by , grouping , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem