Below are some of the most commonly asked question and their answers on custom OData Services.
1. What is Custom odata Services?
SAP Cloud for Customer allows customers to build their own (custom) OData services based on the predefined business objects in the solution.
2. How to identify whether an Odata Service is custom or standard?
OData Service Explorer is a key user tool that allows exploring and testing SAP provided OData API as well as building custom services.
Standard and custom OData services offer the same capabilities and, are subjected to the same restrictions.
The following URL pattern differentiates the Standard and Custom OData services.
- Standard services - https://myXXXXXX.crm.ondemand.com/sap/c4c/odata/v1/....
- Custom services - https://myXXXXXX.crm.ondemand.com/sap/c4c/odata/cust/v1/...
3. Where to find custom Odata Service?
- Go to Administrator workcenter
- Select Odata Service Explorer view
- Select Custom Odata Service from the dropdown menu
4. How to create Custom Odata Services?
- Login to your tenant
- Go to Administrator Workcenter
- Select OData Service Explorer view
- Select Custom OData Service from the dropdown menu
- Click on New to create new OData service or Edit to edit existing OData service.
5. You have extened a Standard BO with node custom node (PDI) where you have created Extension Fields. When you try to extend a Extension field to a Odata Service, the custom node is not available
For Standard objects OData extension is only possible for extension fields under standard nodes, custom nodes and respective fields are not supported for extension.
6. If there is any custom Odata Service created before the introduction of C4Codataapi, will there be an impact?
No, C4Codata and c4codataapi are two independant service. There is no impact on continuing with your custom Odata Service. At the same time there also no enhancement to the C4Codata is not supported
7. What is the use of the Include Code Description checkbox while creating a Custom OData service?
The Include Code Description checkbox will add the description of a property value in the metadata as a CodeText property (for example: LifeCycleStatusCode and LifeCycleStatusCodeText).
8. What is the use of the Enable Search checkbox while creating a Custom OData service?
The Enable Search checkbox will enhance the property to the filter $search. The $search will look for the value in that property also.
9. Will custom OData Services customer created still be supported once the old C4CODATA becomes obsolete or will customer have to redesign all the custom service using C4CODATAAPI?
Note that the new Event Notification supports Kyma (https://kyman-project.ie) as a consumer of the events and only if customers want to use Kyma, then custom OData Services cannot be called. Most of customers have their own consumers (i.e. C4C events are consumed by an application built by the customer) and their consumer application can call any OData in C4C, be it is custom or standard.
10. Is it feasible to use a name for a custom OData service that matchs the name of an existing migration object service?
Updating data using a custom OData service with the same name as an exsting migration object service is not recommended. It may lead to the situation, that no actual data is updated. This can be avoided by using a unique name for the custom OData service.
11. You are not able to view the Custom Odata service DWB in Import view, which is Active and also marked for Data Workbench enabled.
This happens when the Entity of the selected Business Object's properties are not creatable/Updatable true in your custom Odata service, hence its hidden in the Import view of Data Workbench.
KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-API , OData API (C4C Only) , Problem