- Can we change the properties of effective end date field?
- How to update/ control the value of effective end date field?
- You are not authorised to change visibility of mdfSystemEffectiveEndDate to Editable, as this is a system field.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Metadata frameowrk (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
1) Open the Object definition of any effective dated MDF object.
2) Find the field "effectiveEndDate" or "mdfSystemEffectiveEndDate". Click on Details.
3) Change the Visibility to "Editable" and Click on Save.
You will face an error "You are not authorised to change visibility of mdfSystemEffectiveEndDate to Editable, as this is a system field"
This message is a system related error message (Post 1908 release) to let the users know that it is not allowed to change the properties of field "effectiveEndDate" or other system related fields. There is practically no requirement for any setup which requires this field to be Editable.
The value in this field is calculated by system itself. You cannot and should not explicitly give any value in this field by any means.
This field cannot be se to Editable because that gives chance to users to change the value inside this field, which should never be done at the first place.
How this field works?
Answer: Addition of a new record on a new effective date marks the end of last effective record.
Eg: If you have a record effective 01-01-2019 (1st Jan) and you add one more record with effective date 01-04-2019 (1st April) => Then end date for the initial record is calculated as = 31-03-2019 (31st March) automatically and so on.
effectiveEndDate, end date, mdfSystemEffectiveEndDate, effectiveDate , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , Problem