When the course description is checked in the catalog 3.0, its description is displayed not formatted.
While in the Learning admin side, the description is displayed correctly.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
In the Learning admin side, click:
- Learning > Add New (item creation wizard) > Select an item type > Ok >
- Fill out the new item fields > Enter a formatted text in the Description field > Finalize the item creation >
- Check the just created item in the Learning admin side > The description is correctly shown >
- Add the course to a catalog > Check it in the catalog 3.0 > The description is not correctly shown.
It only happens when the item's description is entered in the Add New (item creation wizard), Description field, which does not provide a mechanism for inputting rich HTML text.
It is not possible to provide a rich text editor for the flash user interface (UI) because there are technical limitations that constrain it.
To have the formatted text displayed in the catalog 3.0, it would be necessary to:
- Learning admin side > Learning > Items > Search and access the desired course >
- In the course description field, click "Edit" > For the desired language/locale, edit the text or simply enter a letter anywhere and delete it > Save and Close >
- After it, the course description will be displayed under its format.
course, item, catalog, description, 3.0, format, wrong, flash, html, rich, text, edit , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS-CAT , Catalog , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , Problem