You are migrating fixed assets via migration, however an error is raised in the Simulate Import step.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Open the activity list.
- Find and open Migration of Accounting Transaction Data.
- Click Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
- Click Execute Migration for the relevant migration unit.
- Highlight the Fixed Asset migration file and got to Simulate Import step.
Error message is raised as follows: 'Acc. Historical APC not valid with first acq./cap./depr. start date'
The migration posting date as well as the Acquisition Date, Capitalization Date and Depreciation Start Date are in the current fiscal year, however you have filled in column Cumulated Historical APC, which would mean that the capitalization date should have been in a previous fiscal year.
If there is indeed a Cumulated Historical APC, you need to adjust the dates to a previous fiscal year. Otherwise, if the dates are correct in the current fiscal year, you need to change the amount from the column Cumulated Historical APC to APC Current Fiscal.
Fixed Asset. Migration Tool. Acquisition and Production Costs. , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To