- Account type dimension suddenly throws validation error and cannot be saved.
- When opening the dimension the "Account Type" column shows errors and hovering over a member shows pop up "Rate Type Should be AVG(Average) for INC(Income) and EXP(Expense) account types".
- However there is no "Rate Type" column in the dimension.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.18 and earlier
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a model with public account dimension and some dimensions with currency column
- Enable currency for this model
- Save the model
- Create a second model with the same account dimension and some dimensions with currency column (can be the same if it was public)
- Enable currency for the model and close the dialog (but do not save)
- Disable currency for the model --> Rate type column gets removed
- Save the model
Rate Type column is only added to an Account type dimension if currency conversion is enabled.
As the code validates this condition each time a model is created, if the last model to use a public Account dimension does not have currency conversion the existing Rate Type column is removed.
This issue will be fixed in a later release.
The following workaround can be used to to re-add the column:
- Create a "dummy"-model with the account dimension and some dimension with currency column
- Enable currency for this model --> Rate type column gets added
- Save the model (which saves the dimension)
- Delete the dummy-model
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning Functionality, Planning Models , Problem