- Is it possible to change the external code of a picklist or of a picklist value?
- When attempting to change the external code of a picklist or of a picklist value, an error message is displayed
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- On Picklist Center, select any picklist of picklist value
- Click on "Details" and "Change"
- Change the External Code field
- Click on "Save"
- One of the following error messages is displayed:
- Changing external code to XXX for PickListValue is not allowed
- Changing external code to XXX for PickList is not allowed
The external code of a picklist or picklist value is the identifier of that element (also called a "primary key" on the database level). Therefore, in order to avoid data conflicts, the system does not allow you to directly change the external code of a picklist of picklist value. This is an expected behavior.
Create a new picklist or picklist value with the desired external code and delete the original one afterwards.
picklist center, external code, change external code, error message, picklist value , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-PCK , Picklist Management Issue , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Problem