Upon importing the labels using the Label Import/Export tool, a validation error stating "The label type NAME is not found" occurs.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Learning Administration
- System Admin->Configuration->Tools
- Use the Label Import/Export tool to export the labels
- Import the file after making your modifications to a completely different LMS environment or a few months later
- Validation error could occur
There is a difference between the input file and the labels in the system. An example of this error occurring would be one environment having custom column labels or possibly a custom tile. At the time of the export, the custom labels were exported. When attempting to import the labels into another environment, the custom labels are not present which leads to the validation error.
If downloading the latest label export and importing shows no validation error, it is safe to assume that there is a discrepancy of labels in the previous label export.
Attempt the following:
- Download the latest label export and update the labels in that file and not the previous file
- If the label export file is many labels, break down the file into chunks and import it slowly to find the label discrepancy
- Remove all the labels that were not modified and only import the ones that were updated
label export import import/export tool validation error type name is not found issue sf lms success factors , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-IMP , Import Data Tool , Problem