After configuring an Extension Scenario from Sales Order to Invoice Request, you notice that the value from the Extension Field is not passed from Sales Order to Down Payment Invoice Request.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Sales Orders work center.
- Open the Sales Orders view.
- Find and Open Sales Order ABC (ABC Represents the Sales Order ID), which has a Down Payment Invoice Request created for it.
- Open it and click View All.
You notice that the extension field has a value different from its default.
- Now, navigate to the Document Flow tab and change the selection to Extended View.
- Open any Down Payment Invoice Request assigned on the Document Flow.
You notice that the extension field has its default value.
However, you have the correct settings for the Extension Scenario to Invoice Request:
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Open any Sales Order.
- Hover over Key User Settings and click Start Adaptation Mode.
- In the top-right of the screen, click on the button with your profile picture.
- Go into Adaptation Mode.
- In the side bar, scroll down until you see a plus ('+') sign.
- Click on it and select Extension Fields.
- Highlight the extension field that is you want to extend to Invoice Requests.
- Click on Further Usage.
- Go to the tab Extension Scenario.
The option "Sales Order - General Information to Customer Invoice Request - General Information" is among the selected.
This happens because when using the extension scenario for Sales Order to Customer Invoice Request, this is a communication via A2A (Application-to-Application). This means that for the extension scenario to transfer the field entry in the Sales Order, it must have a backend communication message sent in order for the extension fields entry to pass to Invoice Request.
However, when creating a Down Payment from the Sales Order OWL (Object Work List) screen, this is an action that is executed which sends a reference to the Sales Order.
This means that the extension fields are not passed when using this function as there is no backend communication sent.
This is the standard behavior of the system.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: Please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right-hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer
Sales Order ; Extension Scenario ; Invoice Request ; Down Payment , KBA , AP-CI-CIR , Customer Invoice Request , How To