You receive an error message 'Inbound Delivery XXX cannot update Customer Return' (XXX represents the exact ID of the Inbound Delivery) while you are processing an Inbound Delivery during a Customer Return scenario.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inbound Logistics work center.
- View Inbound Deliveries.
- Show All and search for the Inbound Delivery XXX.
- Click the Edit button.
- Go to the Document Flow tab.
Result: you will see the error under the Inbound Delivery XXX.
If you click on the error (small red exclamation mark icon), the following error information will be displayed: 'Inbound Delivery XXX cannot update Customer Return'.
In the material's master data the returned product in Inbound Delivery XXX has the Item Group: PMAT - Product - project based.
Currently we do not support the Item Group: PMAT Product - project based in the Customer Return scenario. This is planned to be implemented in the future releases of the system. SAP Support cannot provide you with any further details regarding the exact release date.
To resolve the issue perform the actions outlined below:
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Select the Products view.
- Find Material ABC (ABC represents the ID of the returned product).
- Click the View All button.
- Navigate to the Sales tab.
- Select the respective Sales Organization XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Sales Organization) and Distribution Channel 01.
- Change the Item Group from PMAT - Product - project based to NORM - Product - delivery - based.
- Save your changes.
Once you have completed the above steps, please forward an incident to the SAP Cloud Product support for us to process the respective messages in the backend.
Inbound Delivery, cannot, update, Customer Return, error, PMAT, product, project based, NORM, delivery based , KBA , AP-IDP-ID , Inbound Delivery , Problem