You are showing employees in a report, for example the report Opportunity Analysis. You notice that for some employees, the order of last name and first name is correct, while for others it is reversed.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Analytics.
- Select the view Design Reports.
- Search for your report. In our example, it is the report Opportunity Analysis.
- Run the report with the required selection.
- In the view, add the field Employee Responsible.
You see that for some employees, the system shows the last name first, while for others, it shows the first name first.
There is a Business Configuration setting that determines the name format for employees of a specific country. The system will check the workplace address of an employee, determine the country based on that, and then apply the settings of that country to the name.
In your case, either the name format is not maintained in the business configuration, or the respective employee has no workplace address in the system due to which the country cannot be determined.
Maintain the business configuration settings here:
- Go to the work center Business Configuration and the view Overview.
- Search for the activity: General Business Partners.
- Open it and click Maintain Name Formats.
- In the first table called Name Formats, you can either change settings for an existing country or add a new country.
- In the second table called Details of Name Format, you can maintain the order of each name element (first name, last name, academic title etc).
Now also make sure that the employee with the wrong format has a country in the workplace address:
- Go to the work center Administrator and the view Employees.
- Search for your employee and click Edit.
- Scroll down to In-House Address and maintain at least the country.
employee, name, order, first name, family name, last name, name format, sequence, business analytics, report, data source, business partner, address, employee responsible , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To