- ORD (Online Report Designer) / Canvas Reports display Rich (static) Text components
- The component(s) is visible even when editing the page but not content is displayed in the editor itself
- How to edit Rich Text components?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Edit an existing canvas / ORD report with a Rich text component in it
- Select the rich text component and edit the text
- The editor does not display any text:
Rich text components are localizable i.e. we can define multiple locales / languages
The text values will follow this priority while displaying:
- Display the localized text entered for the logged in user's current locale
- If there is no text entered for the current locale, but there is some text for another locale, the latter will be displayed
The text editor will ALWAYS default to the text content for the logged in user's current locale.
System working as designed
The 'Rich Text' editor will display locale options, when the mouse is hovered to the bottom left corner of the screen.
In this screen, choose the desired locale and continue editing the text.
Alternatively, you could also click 'Show All Values' to briefly display the first few characters of the text in all entered locales
Show All Values, Rich, Text, edit, locale, language, value, editor, missing, blank, how, error, issue , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem