The Onboarding User Sync is Showing as Failed in the Audit Trail with the following error message "hexadecimal value 0x08, is an invalid character"
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- User Sync is run and picked up by Onboarding from the SFTP
- In Onboarding > Settings > Audit Trail > Perform a search for Event Code: INT
- You will see that status INTEGRATION_FAIL for the SuccessFactorsUserImport
- In the Description of the Integration Event you will see the following error message
- Foundation import failed with error [System.ArgumentException: '�', hexadecimal value 0x08, is an invalid character.
- The Onboarding Foundation Import Integration only supports ASCII characters.
- Any unsupported characters in the candidates data will cause the integration to fail.
- Run and export the User Sync from the SFTP and open the file through Notepad++
- Open the Find tool (Ctrl+F)
- In the "Find what" textbox enter [^\x00-\x7F]+
- In the Search Mode area select Regular Expression
- Select Find All in Current Document
- This will return all lines in the file with the unsupported chatacters
- Save this file in a supported Excel format - .csv or .xslt
- Send the file to the cutomer as the corrections to the candidates data needs to be made on the BizX side as the User Sync Report pulls the data from the BizX DB.
hexadecimal value 0x08, Unsupported Characters, ASCII, INTEGRATION_FAIL, SuccessFactorsUserImport, System.ArguementException, User Sync, Fail , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-INT , Integrations with Onboarding , Problem