You are executing the migration of material valuation data and a warning message is being raised during simulation.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Open the activity list.
- Find the activity Migration of Material Valuation Data.
- Click to open the migration tool.
- Highlight the relevant migration unit.
- Click Execute Migration -> Execute Step by Step.
- Go to Simulate step.
The following warning is observed: 'Inventory cost change document <ID> created for company <company ID and name>'
The warning is raised in the cases where there is already cost details maintained for the material and the migration would update the cost entry, where a change document is required.
The system works as designed. After the migration is completed, the costs are updated via the change document. This can be seen as follows:
- Go to Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to Material Unit Costs view.
- Search for the material.
- Click View Cost History.
You see the inventory cost change logged with source document ID as the inventory cost change document shown in the warning message.
Inventory Cost. Change Document. , KBA , AP-FMD-MAT , Material Valuation Data , How To