Clarification is required on Job Code/Job Classification and how to map each entity to a Role
SuccessFactors Employee Profile
- Job code should be used when EC 2.0 is not enabled. When EC 2.0 is enabled you should always use Job Classification. When EC 2.0 is turned on, existing Job Code entities automatically sync to Job Classification entities (Foundation Object). Please refer to KBA 2080013 for full details and clarification on this.
- To perform a Job Code (EC not enabled) to Role mapping by Import when using JDM 1.0, please follow the steps in the following KBA 2229579.
- To perform a Job Code (EC not enabled) to Role mapping by Import when using JPB 2.0, please see the following KBA 2306155.
- To perform a Job Classification (EC enabled) to Role mapping by import when using JPB 2.0, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Admin Center> Manage Job Profile Content Import and Export > Select “Role-Job Code” File Template
- A confirmation box will appear to ask if the user want to download the template along with the data. User may select “No” if they only want the template file and “Yes” if otherwise.
- Open the Template and complete the data and save the file. Then choose the file you have saved and select import. Here is an example of a filled in template:
Usage type: should be 1
Status: should be valid
SubModule: should always be blank
Employee Profile, JDM, JPB, Job Code, Job Classification , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JDM , Job Description Manager , LOD-SF-EP-JPB , Job Profile Builder , Problem