Scheduled Reports via Report Distributor are not running.
- HCM Success Factors
- Report Distributor
Reproducing the Issue
This issue is reproducible when you schedule a report to run via Report Distributor.
Engineering are currently working on a resolution.
- The Workaround is to run the report distributor manually.
- Operations have informed us that the issue is resolved
- The reason why this occurred was the initiating of scheduled jobs had stopped. While manual jobs still were processed.
- When Ops re-enabled the scheduler, after fixing the issue, there was a large backlog of scheduled jobs.
- All of these jobs would enter the queue together.
- Due to the finite resources available not all can be immediately processed simultaneously.
- The job server system automatically allocates jobs to servers according to their availability and avoid overloading servers. Overloading servers is counter productive.
- Servers achieve less overall throughput when overloaded. Hence the system aims to maintain an ideal level of resource usage to maximize job throughput.
- This is why the issue occurred.
Report Distributor, Reports Scheduler, , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RDT , Report Distributor (Advanced Reporting, ORD) , Problem