- It is required to change cases to uppercase or lowercase characters in e-mail addresses, before setting up SAML SSO used e-mail address as a nameID.
- In case of trying to switch letters to upper or lower case the following error appears:
"<User ID> Failed to create/migrate user on Cloud ID tenant"
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Custom Identity Provider
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC.
- Go to users menu.
- Change cases to uppercase or lowercase characters in e-mail address.
e.g.: "email@example.com" to "EXAMPLE@example.com"
- Save the changes.
- Notice the error.
- The behavior is by design as the e-mail address itself does not get changed.
- Change the e-mail case on the Users page is not a prerequisite of switching to a custom IdP (SAML SSO).
- The correct procedure is the following:
- System Owner logins to SAC
- System Owner does the steps in System > Administration > Security.
This includes providing the System Owner's case-sensitive nameID in Step 3, and then validating the System Owner login in Step 4.
- After the switch to custom IDP, the System Owner can now go to the Users page and update the emails' letter case if necessary.
- 2569847 - Where can you find user assistance (help) for SAP Analytics Cloud to use, configure and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, Custom IdP, , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , How To