You find that the total value of the Customer Invoice does not match the total value of the Service Order. You think that the Exchange Rate calculation mismatches from Service Order to Customer Invoice and due to which the Customer Invoice total value is wrong.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing Work Center, open Customer Invoice ABC (where ABC stands for the Invocie Document)
- Navigate to Pricing facet, Total is abc (where abc stands for the Total value)
- Navigate to General facet,
- The Exchange Rate of Line Item in Customer Invoice ABC is USD/CNY=6.73 (where 6.73 stands for the Exchange Rate)
- Go to Service Orders Work Center, Service Order Processing View
- Open Service Order DEF (where DEF stands for the Service Order)
- Navigate to Pricing facet, Total is def (where def stands for the Total value), Pricing Date is XXX (where XXX stands for the Pricing Date)
- The Exchange Rate of Line Item in Service Order DEF is USD/CNY=6.89 (where 6.89 stands for the Exchange Rate)
The Total of Customer Invoice ABC does not match the Total of Service Order DEF
- Go to Audit Work Center, Open View Exchange Rates Task
- Click View Exchange Rate History button
- For the Pricing Date XXX of Service Order DEF, the Exchange Rate is USD/CNY=6.89
- For the
You think that the Exchange Rate calculation of Customer Invoice is incorrect.
When invoicing a Service Order, ByD will use the service provision date of the Pricing Date of the item in the Service Confiramtion.
So in this case, some of the items come from Service Confirmation, which has a prevision date different from Invoicing Date. As such this is you are seeing the different value for the Customer Invoice.
- Open Service Confirmation GHI (where GHI stands for the Service Confirmation)
- Navigate to Pricing facet,
- For the Pricing Date ghi of Service Confirmation GHI, the Exchange Rate is USD/CNY=6.73
The system is correct.
Exchange Rate, Invoicing Date, Pricing Date, Customer Invoice, Service Order, Service Confirmation , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem