You are trying to migrate suppliers using migration mode 'Enhance Already Existing Records', but you get an error at Simulation step stating: 'Communication party does not exist'.
SAP Cloud for Customer.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Overview view.
- Search for Migration of Suppliers.
- Click on it and open the migration tool.
- Change the migration mode to 'Enhance Already Existing Records' and add your template.
- Execute migration.
- The error is thrown at the Simulation step.
You are trying to modify already existing records, in this case Collaboration data, but you are using migration mode: 'Enhance Already Existing Records'. There is already Collaboration data for the supplier that you are trying to modify.
Migration mode 'Enhance Already Existing Records' should only be used for existing suppliers where you are trying to add new transactional data (such as Collaboration data). If you are trying to modify already existing Collaboration data, please use Mass Data Maintenance following the steps below:
- Go to Mass Data Maintenance work center.
- Select link for Export Suppliers.
- Add the required materials and select Ok.
- Go to Collaboration tab.
- Select <Export> for the columns which needs change.
- Select Export Data to CSV File button.
- In the excel file, change/add the values for those fields and save the changes, and close the file.
- Close the Export of Suppliers screen.
- Select link for Import Suppliers in Mass Data Maintenance work center.
- Upload the file and execute the data import.
Suppliers, Migration, Mass Data Maintenance , KBA , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , SRD-MD-BP-SUP , Suppliers , How To