This Knowledge Base Article is to document all major enhancements to be aware of in our Q3 1908 release. It also serves as an one stop shop for all SAP Jam documentation.
Reproducing the Issue
This documentation can also be found on the SAP Help Portal- SAP Help Portal - SAP Jam Collaboration. Quick links under "What's New" section will provide detailed release summary across the application.
Direct Links to some of our key Q3 1908 documentation:
Guides for End users
Guides for Admins
Guides for Developers
Q3 2019 Enhancements & Features:
- You can now copy home pages, to use as a starting point for building other pages. A 'Copy' option has been added for this within the Home page edit menu.
- You can now pin up to 48 groups as favorites, raised from the maximum of 10 earlier.
- The Event widget will now provide a Monthly view layout option for improved visualization of events.
- Users will now be shown a notification popup in Jam documents, regarding available translations to other languages.
- If you are using SAP Jam in one language and you open a document in another language, and if the same document also has a translation version in your chosen language, you receive a notification allowing a switch to that language version.
For example-> When a Chinese user sees a link to an article in English, if a Chinese version of the article exists, the popup message will enable the user to switch to the Chinese version
|Microsoft Sharepoint integration
||Several improvements have been introduced in the scope of Sharepoint integration -
- The integration of Microsoft SharePoint Online with SAP Jam now enables group-level users to collaborate on the same documents.
For instance, when one team works in Microsoft Teams and wants to share their content in SAP Jam. This also significantly reduces the effort for the administrators.
- Administrators and group administrators can rename repositories on group level, to help users find relevant content under the expected name of the content management system, instead of under a repository generically named 'documents'. This also makes it easier for group admins to add the content folders.
- The feed update shows the same use name as the name in the document view, which is the user name in Microsoft SharePoint. This also applies to both Box and Google Drive
- The Usage report now includes a new column which shows the last mobile app access time for the end user.
- Jam admins can now disable Calendar Sync for the mobile app at a company level. Two new settings (for Android and iOS) for this have been added under Jam Admin Console -> Mobile section.
1908, Q32019, Jam release, Jam enhancements, 2019 Q3 , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1905