- In the Employee Profile Header the wrong local time is displayed;
- EST Time Zone Displays One Hour Off in People Profile Header
- Timezone as EST but not reflecting Daylight Saving Time (DST).
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
Employee Profile or People Profile header displays EST local time one hour off from the EST correct time during DST.
This issue customer is facing results from the time zone value 'EST'. EST (Eastern Standard Time) is always in standard time - it does not take daylight saving into consideration. As we know, areas that use EST are now using EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) which is 1 hour ahead of EST. That's why we see incorrect local time which is actually in EST and 1 hour behind the actual time.
To always display correct local time for Eastern Time, you should change the time zone value to 'America/New_York'. With it, daylight saving time is always considered when EDT is being used at the areas. For other time zones, please refer to the following Wiki page to get correct time zone value. For example, for PST, you should use 'America/Los_Angeles'.
SuccessFactors; Timezone; Header; EST; DST; Daylight Savings Time; , KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To