You ran the G/L Accounts with Open Item Management - Open Items report and notice a missing posting, which led to a difference, for a given G/L Account, when comparing the balance in G/L Accounts - Line Items report.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics work center.
- Go to Design Reports view.
- Find and open the report G/L Accounts with Open Item Management - Open Items.
- Specify the relevant parameters such as G/L Account, Company, Key Date.
- Execute the report and add the balance key figure. You see the balance of e.g. 400 USD.
- Through steps 1 and 2, find and open the G/L Accounts - Line Items report.
- Specify the relevant parameters so that it covers the same selection as the above report.
- Execute the report and add the balance key figure. You see the balance of e.g. 900 USD.
Assuming that the parameters in both reports cover the same selection criteria, you notice the difference of 500 USD in the balances.
In the G/L Accounts with Open Item Management - Open Items there is a credit entry of 500 USD from a journal entry, which hits the selected balance sheet account in the MISC - Miscellaneous ledger.
The difference, in this case, comes from a Journal Entry Voucher posting that debits the corresponding 500 USD to the account but is not accounted in the Open Item Management.
This Journal Entry Voucher has been created with Journal Entry Type 00088 - Manual Entry for Sales Documents and debits the 500 USD to the concerned balance sheet account with a project task assignment in the line item, which hits the sales ledger and not the Miscellaneous ledger. The Open Item Management only concerns the postings to MISC ledger and hence the Journal Entry posting to sales ledger does not show up in the report G/L Accounts with Open Item Management - Open Items.
The referencing of a project task in the line for the open item managed account (balance sheet) led to a G/L Account Origin being chosen, and this line posting to sales. No sales ledger item will ever appear in open items, only miscellaneous ledger items are considered.
The posting needs to hit the Miscellaneous ledger to be considered for Open Items Management. An example could be a manual Journal Entry Voucher for sales in a write up/write down scenario with no project task reference in the line item for the balance sheet account with open item management.
Open Item Management. Balance Sheet. Char of Accounts. , KBA , AP-ACC , Business ByDesign: Financial Accounting , How To