You are creating a physical inventory count, such as Product Count, Logistics Area Count, New Inventory Adjustment or Any Other Inventory Postings. You enter a Key Date more than 6 months ago. An error message appears:
'Key date DD/MM/YYYY not valid; date should be between AA/MM/YYYYand BB/MM/YYYY' (DD/MM/YYYY represents the entered key date; AA/MM/YYYY and BB/MM/YYYY represent the time period when a confirmation can be made).
Note: This date check is applicable to all inventory change processes, where data entry is enabled.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Physical Inventory work center.
- Choose any of the following from Common Task
- New Logistics Area Count
- New Inventory Adjustment
- New Product Count
- Enter Key Date XX/YY/ZZZZ, which is beyond 6 months in past. It shows error message.
Note: This date check is applicable to all inventory change processes, where data entry is enabled. Examples of such processes are:
- Goods Issue in Outbound Process (Shipment Date).
- Goods Receipt in Inbound Process (Actual Delivery Date).
- Scrapping (Actual Execution on).
- Unplanned goods movement (Actual Execution on).
- Consumption for cost center (Actual Execution on).
- Consumption for project (Actual Execution on).
- Change of Stock (Actual Execution on).
The purpose of this check is to provide data entry control. Even if the corresponding account period is open for operational postings, the key date cannot be used.
The inventory posting period is now extended. You can post documents older than 6 months that are within past 24 months in the inventory. Earlier, the posting was allowed only for the span of past 6 months.
You must perform the required configuration if you want to extend the posting period.
To do so,
- Go to the Business Configuration work center
- Choose Implementation Projects view.
- Select your implementation project and click Edit Project Scope.
- In the Scoping step, ensure that Inventory Posting is selected within Manufacturing, Warehousing and Logistics Inventory Management.
- In the Questions step, expand the Manufacturing, Warehousing and Logistics scoping element and select Inventory Management.
- Select Inventory Posting and check the In Scope box for the question Do you want to extend the posting period beyond 6 months?
If you have not configured the option to extend the posting period, posting for past 6 months gets set by default.
Note: The extended posting is allowed only if the relevant set of books are open.
Inventory Postings, Beyond 6 months, Key Date, Actual Delivery Date, Shipment Date, Actual Execution on; , KBA , AP-IP , Inventory Processing , Problem