You have scoped the required question to switch on the Read Access Logging for personal sensitive data in the project scope in Business Configuration work center. Your requirement is to understand if any Business User exported the data like Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, Leads, etc. from the OWL (Object Work List) of respective workcenter views into Microsoft Excel. You are unable to see any logs in Read Access Logging for any of the mass data exports performed by the Business Users in your system.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
To export data:
- Go to XYZ work center (where XYZ represents the work center example Customers, Sales, Service etc.)
- Go to the respective view (example Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, Leads etc.)
- Show all the records in the OWL (Object Work List)
- Select the gear icon and choose Export to Microsoft Excel
- Choose any language in the dialog box
- Download the Microsoft Excel
To check if logs are generated for the export:
- Go to Data Protection and Privacy work center
- Go to Read Access Logging view
- Go to Log Display
- No logs are available
The data exported into the Microsoft Excel is not the personal sensitive data. Therefore, the log is not generated.
The Read Access Logging only logs the access of personal sensitive data. It only tracks if person related and protection relevant data (for example the tax number) was accessed. There is a background job to periodically transfer the data into the log format. Hence, export log will be generated only for the export of personal sensitive data.
Data Protection and Privacy, Log Display, Read Access Logging, Personal Sensitive Data , KBA , personal sensitive data , data protection and privacy , read access logging , log display , AP-RC-DP-RAL , Data Privacy: Read Access Logging , Problem