On entering a wrong tax number in Accounts for Country ABC (ABC is the country name) no error message is displayed.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Search for Account 102389 and select it.
- Click Edit Financial Data.
- Navigate to the Tax Data subtab.
For Country ABC, the Tax Number is ELNNNNNN (ELNNNNNN is the VAT Registration number).
But for Country ABC, the tax number is supposed to start with AB followed with the numbers NNNNN. No error message is displayed on entering the wrong tax number.
You have not maintained the fields 'VAT Registration Number Check Rule' and 'VAT Registration Number Length' for Country ABC in Business Configuration.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search and select Countries activity.
- Click the Change Immediately button.
- Click the Edit Countries button.
- Search and select Country ABC.
- Navigate to the Tax Attributes tab.
- Fill in the fields 'VAT Registration Number Check Rule' and 'VAT Registration Number Length'.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GLO-TAX , GLO - Tax Declaration , How To