You receive one of the following errors when saving and activating a Business Object in the SAP Cloud Applications Studio:
- Do not change the syntax in node ABC (Where ABC is a node of the Business Object).
- Your changes cause syntax errors in maintenance mode.
- Discard your changes.
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
You have a Custom/Extension Business Object created with elements in your solution, those elements were added to this Business Object in a previous Version of the PDI solution (i.e Elements were added in Version 3 and the PDI solution is now in Version 10).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log-in to the SAP Cloud Applications Studio and open your solution.
- Open the Business Object BODL(Business Object Description Language).
- Remove one of the elements that were added in previous versions and activate the Business Object.
- You will face the error messages mentioned in the Symptom section above.
You are facing these errors as the element you are attempting to remove has been added in a previous version of the PDI Solution and it cannot be removed anymore due to maintenance mode.
Please note you can find more information about Maintenance Mode in the Maintenance Mode section of the SAP Cloud Applications Studio help documentation.
To solve this add the removed element back to the BODL, the Business Object can now be saved and activated successfully.
SAP Cloud Applications Studio, BODL, Business Object, Removed Element, PDI, Activation Failed, Syntax Error, Maintenance Mode , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-SCR , ByDesign Studio Scripting (ABSL) , Problem