You create a sales quote and replicate it to ERP. After that, you try to create another sales document under the Sales Documents facet of the replicated quote. However, the system throws an error and does not allow you to do so.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the sales Quote view.
- Create a New quote.
- Replicate it to ERP via web service.
- Go to the Sales Documents facet.
- Click New in the Sales Quotes node.
RESULT: You get the error "You can't copy the document, because reference document is replicated."
The main Sales Quote has a document type with replication Inbound. You can check that by opening the Sales Quotes activity and checking the Replication column.
When the replication is inbound, it is not possible to create a reference (or link) for a document that has already been replicated. C4C cannot talk back with ERP and update the quote there.
Allowing to create a reference in C4C and not in ERP could lead to inconsistencies since the same quote would have different information in the two systems. In order to avoid this type of inconsistencies, the system does not allow you to link a replicated quote to another sales document.
You have two possible options:
- You change the replication for this particular Document Type from Inbound to Bi-directional.
- You create the new sales document from the Sales work center > Sales Quotes view. That way it won't have any reference to the replicated quote.
quote, order, replicated, reference document, sales documents, new, error , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To