You have posted an expense report, however it says that the account determination is missing for taxes, even though you have set the account determination for the country of the expense report.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Source Documents view.
- Find the related expense report.
You see the error: 'Account determination is missing for item type Input Tax. Specify account determination in chart of accounts <Char of Accounts ID/Name> and account determination profile <Account Determination Profile ID>. Column Path Tax->Input Tax->Input Tax, Item Type Input Tax.'
For this specific case, the employee's work agreement is, for example, Canadian and the company the employee is employed is a US company.
Note that during the hire process this mismatch in countries is highlighted in a warning/information. For example, employee hired in Canada but assigned to a US org. structure.
To check the work agreement's country, you may search for the employee under Personnel Administration -> Employees. Refer to the Country column within the list or use the Advanced search.
To check the company's country, you may open the Org. Structure and check the Org. Unit representing the company in the expense report.
To post this expense report, you need to maintain the additional configuration for the tax account determination to the company's country.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Open the activity list.
- Open activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Click Tax under Account Determination section.
- Select the relevant combination of account determination profile and char of accounts.
- Go to Input Tax tab.
- In the Select Country dropdown, select the country of the org. unit the employee is assigned or Country-Independent.
- Maintain the account determination accordingly.
After saving the changes, you may post the source document via Source Documents view.
Expense Report, Employment, Organizational Management, Globalization, Cross-country, account determination, tax rate, tax type. , KBA , AP-ACC-GL , General Ledger Account , How To