If a summing formula in a table contains a row with no data, then the sum will not display.
Row b is ok since it has data in at least one column, but row c is the problem as it has no data in any column.
Note: By default the rows without data are hidden, you need to right click on the column and select "Show/Hide -> Unbooked" to make them display.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.14.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a table
- Click on a column and select the option "Show/Hide -> Unbooked" so
- Ensure the table has at least one row with no data
- Create a formula that sums up the rows - making sure to include the row with no data
- Note that the formula will not display any data.
This behavior is by design. Adding a null value plus a number will always equal null.
A workaround to properly add null values is to use the SUM keyword
a1+a2+a3 = null (where a2 contains null data)
SUM(a1:a3) = 100 (where a2 contains null data)
- 2569847 - Where can you find user assistance (help) for SAP Analytics Cloud to use, configure and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-BR , Digital Boardroom (DiBo) , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning Functionality, Planning Models , LOD-ANA-PR , Predictive Scenarios, Smart Predict , Problem