- Add Variance menu is not visible when editing chart on SAC story
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.13.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon SAC.
- Edit a story with chart in it.
- Click "..." menu on the top right of the chart, find Add Variance menu is not visible.
This behavior is by design.
The "Add / Edit Variance" functionality is only available for supported chart types, it's unsupported for variance - particularly Combined Stacked Bar/Column + Line and Stacked Bar/Column are still unsupported and would not show this option from the + or ... menu.
The chart types that support variance are prior to wave 12 (2019.12) are:
- Bar/Column, Waterfall, Numeric Point
We introduced additional chart types in wave 12+:
- Combined Column + Line (not stacked though), Line, Radar, Scatter, Bubble, Heat map and Tree
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Add Variance, not visible, chart, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , Problem