You are creating an opportunity and after you have selected an account, the owner gets determined automatically. Then you decide to change the account and you remove the account and the determined owner. After selecting another account the warning message "Initial party with role Owner blocks party determination. Delete it." appears and the new owner is not determined.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Click New to create a new opportunity ABC (ABC represents the name of the opportunity).
- Select an account.
Now the owner of the account gets determined based on the account.
- Remove the values from the owner and the account field.
- Select a new account.
Result is, that the warning message "Initial party with role Owner blocks party determination. Delete it." appears.
The system stores the initially determined owner in the backend before you save the opportunity. When you now remove the owner the value is still stored.
- Cancel the opportunity.
- Create a new opportunity with the correct data.
Opportunity, Owner, Account, Determination , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , Problem