You are running the report Forecasted Demand (technical ID HCMRPMU02_Q0001) or Forecasted Utilization (technical ID HCMRPMU01_QICP001). However when using specific key dates, like for example Last 3 Months To Today or Last Day Of Current Month, you receive the following error message: 'An exception was raised'.
Alternatively, you may also see the message 'Key date must be later than current system date'
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center where this report is assigned to, for example Project Management.
- Go to the view Reports and open this report.
- Enter a key date in the selection, for example Last 3 Months to Today.
- Click Apply.
You see on of the error messages.
This report has 2 restrictions on the key date:
- Since it is a forecast report, only dates in the future can be selected.
- Only time periods can be selected, not single dates. So for example "Next 3 Months From Today" is a valid selection, however "Last Day of This Month" is not valid since it is a single date.
If you would like to select different types of dates, you can create a report copy and change these settings. Please proceed as follows:
- Go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Reports.
- Search for example for the report Forecasted Demand (technical ID HCMRPMU02_Q0001), mark the line and click New > Report as Copy.
- In step 1, enter a report name.
- In step 2, deselect the key figure group Forecasted Demand and instead, select the single key figures that are required.
- In step 3, make sure you select the characteristic Calendar Day, in addition to the ones you need in your report.
- In step 4, set the setting of this field to Using Variable.
- In step 5, make sure that the selection type is Any Selection for the Calendar Day field.
- Finish the report and assign it afterwards.
forecast report, exception occurred, exception occured, Forecasted Demand, Forecasted Utilization, Key date must be later than current system, past key date , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , SRD-HR-ANA , Analytics Content , How To