You received the same Serial Number YYY twice for the same Purchase Order XXX, in different Inbound Deliveries. You expect the system to display an error when the Serial Number already exists.
XXX = Purchase Order ID.
YYY = Serial Number ID.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inbound Logistics work center.
- Select Inbound Deliveries view.
- Select the Advanced Search.
- Enter the Purchase Order ID XXX.
- Click Go.
- You notice that you have two different Inbound Deliveries for the Purchase Order XXX. And in both Inbound Deliveries, you have entered the same Serial Number YYY.
Only the Serial Number Profile Mandatory on all Logistics & Production Processes ensures the uniqueness of the Serial Number for a product in the inventory. If you have selected other Serial Number Profile, the system will allow you to enter the same Serial Number more than once.
As you did not select the Serial Number Profile Mandatory on all Logistics & Production Processes, the system is working as expected.
Serial Duplicated Stock , KBA , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , How To