You use the 'Export to Microsoft Excel' function within an OWL, but HTML tags such as '<p>' are added to the text within the generated excel file.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
This scenario can apply to different views, in this example we use Leads.
Go to the Sales workcenter.
- Open the Leads view.
- Within the OWL click More.
- Click Export to Microsoft Excel.
- Open the exported Microsoft Excel file.
Notice the symbols '<p>' are added within the text of the exported file.
This is a limitation with Microsoft Excel. As there is styling applied on the text within the UI, Excel tries to convert it to normal text and this styling displays as HTML tags.
There is currently a workaround for this issue:
Open the exported file.
- Hold CTRL + H (Find and Replace function) on the keyboard.
- In the 'Find What' field, enter <*>.
- Leave the 'Replace' field empty.
- Click the 'Replace All' button.
Notice the <p> HTML tags are no longer within the text.
Symbols, Tags, <, >, <p>, sales, accounts, customers, opportunities, quotes, orders, contacts , KBA , SRD-CC-OIN-XL , Excel Integration , Problem