- Unable to modify text.
- When modifying text in MS Word, not all the text typed display.
- Text object does not grow when adding text in MS Word, for a document generated by Crystal Reports.
- When exporting a report from Crystal Reports to MS Word, the document generated is difficult to edit in MS Word, because the text object does not grow.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert database fields on the report that contains text.
- Export the report to MS Word.
- Open the document generated in MS Word, and edit the text.
Some text displays, but it mostly does not, since the text objects does not grow.
- When exporting a report to MS Word, Crystal Reports generate a text frame for each object on the report, of the size it is designed on the report. It was designed this way to retain the visual formatting of the report when exported to MS Word. This exporting format is not designed to be edited, because each text frame will not grow if the text it modified.
- Export the report to MS Word Editable format.
- The MS Word Editable format is designed with the principle the generated MS Word document can be edited, but note that not all the formatting of the report can be exported to that format. For a list of supported features when exporting to specific format, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1946358
CR, xport , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016