System does not allow to change the Tax Amount manually from Canada Tax Code.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Search and open the Supplier Invoice ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Supplier Invoice).
- Enter a new amount in the Tax Amount field.
System reverts back to the calculated amount.
The handling and distribution of external amounts entered manually by the user on the header are not supported when the accounting tax type for the chosen Tax Event is "Self-assessed VAT" or "Use Tax".
This means that while using the following tax events for Canada, it is not possible to change the tax amounts from the User Interface (UI) manually: 122, 123, 124, 126, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 21, 23.
To resolve this case, we suggest one of the following approaches:
- Use the Tax Codes which correspond to the Tax Events other than those mentioned above. For example Tax Code 127.
- Create a Z Tax Code in the system and map it to the Tax Events other than the ones mentioned above and assign the required tax types to it. You can then use the same tax code in the Supplier Invoice and edit the tax amounts on the UI as per the requirement.
Tax Code, Canada, Tax Events, Tax Amount, Change Tax , KBA , AP-TTE-TC , Tax Calculation , How To