How to delete values added manually from the Department, Location and Division drop down menu located in Manage User?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Admin Center;
- Search for Manage User;
- Select any user and go in Department or Division field;
- You are wondering if there is a way to delete the values that were created;
To delete the values from both drop down menu you can follow the steps below. However, SAP does not recommend to delete this values, because if these values that you would like to delete have been assigned to any user in the past or are assigned to any users currently, this could cause some affected in that users, because they will lose their historic and this change could cause some impact.
- Perfoming an Employee Export from the instance;
- Admin center > Update User Information > Employee Export;
- In the UDF file (.csv) left in blank the values that you would like to delete from the drop down menu;
- For example: if you would like to delete the "Production FR (50130011)" from the Deparment drop down option:
You need to leave the column Department from the user that is assigned with the value "Production FR (50130011)" in blank, between the commas or double quotes must not have any words:
- Please, be aware that you need to left in blank to all users that are assigned with the value that you would like to delete;
- After edit the UDF file, you need to import the UDF file to SuccessFactors;
- Admin Center > Update User Information > Employee Import
- For additional information about Employee Import, follow the KBA 2086718 - How to use manual Employee Import? HCM Suite
Remove option from drop down menu, is there a way to remove the values , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Problem